AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I accidentally plugged my Nintendo switch output hdmi into the output hdmi port of my Xbox One X (I meant to plug it into the Xbox One hdmi pass-through). Can this damage either device?
Thank you in advance!
Regards,

Tristan

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello,

I accidentally plugged my Nintendo switch output hdmi into the output hdmi port of my Xbox One X (I meant to plug it into the Xbox One hdmi pass-through). Can this damage either device?
Thank you in advance!
Regards,

Tristan
you are all good. No damage will occur. The devices will just not be able to communicate with each other, so no handshake/picture. The only cable I can think of off the top of my head that you have to be careful with is SCART.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You probably know do this, but making sure your tv in game mode makes the biggest difference with input lag. My tv goes from 100ms of lag to 13ms when changing to game mode at 1080p.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

Thank you in advance!
Regards,

Tristan
don't worry HDMI is an 'intelligent' signal where a handshake is performed before the 2 devices agree (or don't). If the 2 devices have a proper HDMI implementation, you are absolutely safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts