AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen lots of mentions of the listed contrast ratio and that the actual black level is better on the VPL-VW10HT (and probably the 11HT).

But has anyone measured the actual contrast ratio of the projector, or compared the black level to the Sony. Is there a way of reducing the brightness without using filters perhaps??

Finally, I've heard the PLV-60 is much worse at coping with dust ingression than the Sony. After the complaints about dust on the panels in the Sony, I am worried about purchasing a PLV-60 as this could be even worse!

TIA, Matt

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
I spoke with a saleman at projector people. He said that they hsd sold 31 of the Sanyo projectors and had not had anyone return one yet. I asked specifically about the dust problem stated on this forum.

------------------

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
It does seem that many Sanyo units have had dust problems early on. I know mine had one. It is unclear whether this is due to manufacturing, or whether the Sanyo picks up more dust during operation for some reason. Also, several have returned the Sanyo units to dealers because of dust problems and other complaints, including me.

On the other hand, many are satisfied with the unit, and I also think that for the price the unit is definitely worthy of serious consideration. All projectors at this point have their issues. I also think that the black levels on the Sanyo are as good as or better than the Sony (based on my recollection of what a tweaked Sony looked like), and they are definitely not worse, and I disagree that the contrast is better on the Sony. I found the contrast on the Sanyo to be excellent, although I concede that I did not do any measurements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.