AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used AVIA for calibrating projection televisions, but never for a projector. Are there any tips to do this as effectively as possible? How do you use the color filters to correctly adjust the color and tint? Also what is Gamma, should I just leave it at the default?

Thanks,

Jack

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
just be aware that using an LCD projector you will never get the picture to "Bloom."

So you can't use that to know when your contrast is high enough.

------------------

All your bases are belonging to us since 1902...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. So, how do I adjust the contrast? Do I use the bars on the needles and pulses and go until one of the two grey/white bars blends into the white background and you can barely see the other one (similar to the brightness adjustment on the black background)? Also, how do you adjust color and tint just hold up the filter to the screen and do your best (i.e., the light from the projector reflects and makes it hard to gauge it.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I adjusted contrast the way you said. I adjusted until I could just barely see both bars. Color and tint I adjusted with the colored screens, but I found it easier to be even or in back of the projector when I was looking through them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.