AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a PLV-60 and a DENON 2800 (patch 2248), and is having an issue with horizontal position when using playback in PAL progressive mode.

The top border is much taller that the bottom border, result being that subtitles cannot be displayed entirely when spanning two text lines (only the top half of the 2nd text line is shown).

Connection from DVD to projector is component with bettercables silver serpent, cables (12 M).

The DENON 2800 patch states PAL-Progressive output is 625p, and projector states 576p, can it be related to a incompatibility here?

Any suggestions for improvements / fixes?

Regards

Lars Sørensen

Sweden

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been informed that audiovision 8/2001 page 31 identifies this problem using a cineultra. I have actually tried a CineUltra / Malata with my PLV-60 (I did not like the quality of the progressive picture and the colors), I now remember that it displayed the same issue, so the conclusion must be that PLV-60 is at fault.

Is anybody aware of possible fixes ? e.g adjustment via the service menu, or a "horizontal picture positioning" device" ?

------------------

Lars Sorensen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been suggested to me on the german "Heimkinoforum" that this issue is related to the scaler in the PLV-60 and that it will be fixed by a planned software update. How will it be possible to update the software, and when is this software update supposed to be available ?

------------------

Lars Sorensen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have received help at the BIG Picture Global Community Forums in the Sanyo LCD Projector Forum, and my problem is now fixed.

Please see:

http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/dcfo...ID53/218.shtml

------------------

Lars Sorensen

[This message has been edited by lsorense (edited 09-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by lsorense (edited 09-22-2001).]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Isorense, where did you find the patch for pal progressive? Is it a cdrom?

Thanks for answer.

Valere

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks a lot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.