AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also saw the dropout problem tonite on the PLV-60 that others have reported. I had never seen it before, even when I looked for it in scenes that others reported seeing it, but tonite I saw it on Castaway right after the plane crash when Tom Hanks is in the life raft in the storm. I saw it when watching the movie, and went back at the end and played the same scene over a few times. I didn't see it everytime, but at least 75% of the time. As others have reported, the image "drops out" and there was kind of purplish flash with red/green/blue lines. It only lasts about 1/2 second. I have never seen it on any other movie, but it does seem to be related to scenes when there is a very sudden change from black to light. (Maybe this is Sanyo's version of the rainbow effect? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif )I have a Panasonic H1000 DVD, so apparently this is not confined to the Toshiba's. I tried the DVD downstairs on my RPTV, albeit with another DVD player (a Toshiba with interlaced output only) and had no problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.