AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my PLV-60 (using a Greyhawk 100") and I am having trouble with the component inputs. I have used 2 different DVD players and 2 different interconnects to make sure the problem is the PLV-60...and it is. I have tried the input-2 BNC component connectors and the input-3 RCA component connectors and the problem is the same with both. If I feed in a interlaced signal it comes up but in black and white. If I feed it progressive I get no signal. It appears to me that the Y (G) is working, but the Pb (Cb) and Pr (Cr) are not. Is there some switch I forgot to turn on? I have switched the PLV-60 in and out of progressive mode in the menu setup and both yield the same result. If I input composite video I do get a full color picture out of either input 2 or 3. I have a feeling I have some kind of internal problem that will require service, but I thought I should check here for any help first.

The screen door effect is noticeable with the composite feed (I am sitting 13 feet back). I hope it will diminish when I get the progressive components working and proper calibration.

Thanks,

Jack

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it looks pretty good, but not good enough that I am sure I will be keeping it. The color, brightness and contrast are very nice, as good as or better than I will ever need. However, it does have a very noticeable and grainy screen door from my 13' viewing distance. I have toned it down to where it is barely visible (defocus, AVIA calibration, sharpness on DVD player and the Sanyo all the way off). I wonder, though, if the VW10s picture would be better if I didn't have to defocus it as much as the PLV-60 to get rid of the screen door. The dust is also a problem, I have a hepa filter and my PLV is ceiling mounted now for just 2 days and I have already seen a couple of blobs. The blobs dislodged themselves, but they got my attention. I may buy the VW10 also and after calibrating it compare the 2 so I am sure I made the right choice.

The Sanyo PLV-60 is nice, but I am not totally convinced, yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.