Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me too!!!

Espeically some cinema13 shots. come on and sock-em to us! (post links)

dave http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

p.s. please remember how you were before you got your fancy plv 60 projector...remember how you searched the treads desperately in search of screen captures? Hopeing that one would finally tempt you over the edge?

Tempt away!!!

[This message has been edited by DaViD Boulet (edited 08-28-2001).]

·
Registered
779 Posts
Screen shots sound like a great idea but in reality they are meaningless. Too much is lost and there are too many variables in a digital picture for a screenshot to have any qualitative purpose. If you are using screenshots to make a judgement on what projector to purchase you are doing your self a disservice, you really need to see a projector in action or find some one you trust to help you through the process.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
103 Posts
I know than the screenshots not is the best way for chosee a projector , but I think than i can see much things in the screenshots

·
Registered
103 Posts
plv-60 screenshots

For What? i was can't see yet a couple of screenshots of plv-60 I don't understand it many people have this projector But the owners don't show your projector in action how (Sony or lt-150 nec or others sanyo xp-21/18 etc).

shoow me your screenshots owner of plv-60 or cinema13 or eiki vc1 please.

thanks

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we all know that screen-shots aren't definitive...and that you certainly can't compare screen shots from one camera in one envrionment to those from another.

But it's just so much fun to look at them anyway http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

so won't sombody indulge us? Or are you all to buys watching DVDs on your plv 60 and cineman 13 that you can't take a moment and snap a few pics?

dave http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Very cool screenshots. Tell me, how do you do this with a digital camera? I have a Nikon.

The far more vibrant colors of the LCD really show up and the contrast ain't too shabby either!

Dan

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Dan...Used a coolpix 990.

·
Premium Member
24,992 Posts
I bet most of the difference is due to the brightness difference. Would it be possible to move the LT150 closer to the screen until the brightnesses are comparable and take more pix?

Thanks

------------------

Noah

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by btmoore:
Screen shots sound like a great idea but in reality they are meaningless.
btmoore,

I couldn't disagree more.. If don't believe that screen shots, even with the loss due to camera quality, you should check these out..

Eyegasm 3 Chip DLP Thread

If these screen shots don't make you cry then what will?

------------------

Later, LordHz

-------------------------------------------------

"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."

-Albert Einstein

·
Registered
27 Posts
THe LT150, if its the one on the left, looks out of focus or soft to me. The one one the right looks crisper but still seems a little soft but I'm guessing that maybe the resolution the camera was set to. I agree though that color accuracy can be effected by the camera more than anything and thus can make judging pictures tough. I would think that sharpness would not be prejudice to one projector over another (as long as the same camera settings are used for each projector)and you could compare that more easily. With all the good praises of the lt150 I find it hard to believe that, that is the way its color is suppose to look.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Quote:
"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."

-Albert Einstein
deserved repeating, LordHz.

Bob Wood

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TC:
With all the good praises of the lt150 I find it hard to believe that, that is the way its color is suppose to look.
The main reason that the colors don't look as good is the presence of ambiant light. In total light controlled room, the colors are much closer and the better blacks of the LT150 more apparent. I will post pictures in a darkened room on a Greyhawk tommorow. In the darkened environment the LT150 does much better.

[This message has been edited by Jonmx (edited 08-29-2001).]

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I for one have to say that photos don't do anything for me other than are fun to look at. I have seen the LT150 in action and the colors do not look bland at all as shown in that photo. I'm not knocking the photos at all, I just don't want inexperienced people seeing the photos and then making judgements based on those. written text by forum members is way more informative than any screenshot.

·
Registered
244 Posts
As soon as my wife gets back from spain (with my digital camera) I will post some shots of a 13HD. I have a homemade grey screen 1.85 ratio, approx 114in diag.

I have set up the proj using Powerstrip to use 1360x768 from my htpc. I am driving it via RGB. Should have some pics middle of next week.

-maynard

[This message has been edited by Maynard (edited 08-31-2001).]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great, I am anxious for than this day come Maynard.

I want see this pictures of cinema13

I am spanish what place visit your wife?

I live in turistic city on the beach.

thanks.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I went to that site and read the whole entire review of the Sanyo PLV-60HT.. It sounds like it is a very good projector. Am I just missing something or is it as good as it sounds? Inputs wise the Sanyo has more to me than the sony. But if you had to choose which would u pick, Sony 10HT or Sanyo PLV60?

Chris

·
Registered
15,495 Posts
I thought a lot of people believed the internal scaler made the picture fairly noisy and/or grainy and there was a bug with some units.

Was this fixed, or should people hold off for the new widescreen, true 720p DLP projectors rolling out?

From my understanding, you will also need FireWire and DVI connections (that support 5C and HDCP copy coding) in any new projector, RPTV, or direct view monitor or plasma unit that's capable of HDTV. Of course, no one is saying when these projectors will be out. The manufacturers are all very happy to sell an already obsolete product to unsuspecting consumers.

Dan

------------------

STOP HDCP/5C and The MPAA!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.