AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I've read the reviews, I've read about the problems, I've read about the solutions, but I will not be able to see any of these things in person. I just don't happen to be living in a convenient part of the country for that to happen. So, I still have a question or two.

Prices:

PLV-XP21N $5530 (Projector people) down to $5440 if you look at some of the places listed on "projectorcentral.com"'s current prices.

PLC-60HT $4800 (Projector People)

Cinema 13HD $5300 (Studio Experience)

PLV-60HT vs. Cinema 13HD. If I were to buy one of these two tomorrow, which is THE BETTER PROJECTOR? I can make my own decisions about service, support, and how nice Hank or Joe are to me. The Cinema 13HD is the box with (allegedly) newer firmware. If I were to buy the PLV-60HT tomorrow, would it have older firmware? What _exactly_ does the firmware fix and how does it fix them? Hank (@ Studio Experience) makes a nice pitch, but doesn't say exactly how problems are addressed. This makes a huge difference. If you cannot detail exactly how things are fixed, I have a hard time believing you.

Now, say I choose the best of the above and pit it against the XP21N. Comparing 16:9 to 4:3, again, I can make my own decision about how valuable that is. The lumens issue is one thing. Have you folks SEEN these side-by-side? 2500 lumens into 4:3 is going to be comparable to about 1800 lumens when watching a 16:9 image. 1200 lumens into 16:9 is going to be comparable to about 900 lumens when watching 4:3. There are trade-offs. What are the opinions of those that have seen these side-by-side?

Some say screen door effect is noticeably different between the XP21N and other projectors. True close up? Damn I wish I could actually see these three.

Jake

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Read this and this . Then get out your Ouiga board, your Eight Ball, and your tea leaves.

------------------

Joe

"I'm a Dapper Dan man!"

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Oh, and this .

------------------

Joe

"I'm a Dapper Dan man!"

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links. I've seen all but one of those and I'm not sure how I missed it. I think I've narrowed things down to the 60HT or Cinema 13HD. It now comes down to seeing what the price and performance differences TRULY are. Especially now that Sanyo has had plenty of time to incorporate the (alledged) SE firmware changes into the 60HT.

Jake

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think I'd go with the Sanyo because of warranty & service. These are difficult times for business - Sanyo is more likely to be in business a year from now than Studio Experience.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
TWA is not parallel. Though we can make the sky fall if we try.

------------------

Joe

"I'm a Dapper Dan man!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.