AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Due to the high lumens, I chose a 106" diag Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High Contrast Da-Mat screen fabric. My HT is a dedicated room (13.5' X 18) with total light control. My decision was based on reading postings here on the AVS Forum and my vendor's recommendation.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I have a very similar projector (Sanyo XP21N, 2500 lumens with MLA) and recently switched from Grayhawk to Firehawk after seeing several demos of the latter on 20HDs at CES. Drastic improvement in perceived contrast and black, colors more vibrant and ambient light rejection greatly boosted.

I've seen these projectors on a number of white and grey screens. IMHO, none can compare to the Firehawk.

Dan

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
I use the HiPower too. I have a light room with a southern exposure, so light comes in. Plus it was WAAAAAY cheaper than the FireHawk. Looks incredible in full darkness too. You know, I was just reading Evan Powell's "Highly Recommended" listing on projectorcentral, and he recommends 100" diagonal screens for every darn projector on there, except for the 70/20, while also stating as a maxim something like "as the screen size increases the picture quality decreases" (by which he means that picture quality generally decreases as brightness decreases, presuming it wasn't too bright to start with). I think this is right. But the moral is if you want a 120" or larger screen, there is only one way to go. I hope all that stuff about wear/fade on LCD's is BS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.