Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have my Sanyo PLV-70 on order (hopefully it will arrive soon). I'm doing a little prep work since I have already received the ceiling mount and I was wondering about the accuracy of the projection calculators. The spot on the wall I am projecting to has a max of 52" tall (I've got a crawl space door in the wall) giving a 107" screen possibility. According to the calculators out there, that puts the projector somewhere between 13' and 17' from the screen. Theoretically, I should be able to put in the supports to place the projector roughly 16' from the screen. I'm just wonderign if anyone has tested the calculated throw distances against actual trial.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Mine is at 15.5' to do a 120" diagonal. This is with the picture at maximum size (closer and it would be unable to fill the screen).

16' will put you more in the middle of the zoom range for your size screen and give you adjustability. In other words, you're fine.

BB

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Guys, PLV70 users, just a question. For bigger image do you use zoom or just a normal throw according to the distance?. I think increasing the image via zoom reduces the resolution, is it true?.

Advice please.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tpigeon2003
Jamal -- you are correct.
?? If you are talking about motorized zoom of the lens, it is all optical and has NO effect on the resoloution.

BB

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Resolution, brightness, etc. all remain constant throughout range of the zoom. Theoretically, the optics get dicey at full zoom, but I doubt it. The optics are supposed to be better at the point of least zoom due to the center/sweet spot of the lens being used. I'm at 19 feet (6 inches shorter than the maximum) from a 120 inch diag. screen. My purpose was to decrease the angle between my eyes and the pj lens. And to get the noise of the fan way behind me.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I thought he meant something like stretching a 2.35:1 picture to fit on a 16x9 screen so no black bars are showing, which I believe does decrease PQ. If I am wrong, or I misinterpreted the question I am sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.