AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

I'm experiencing severe "clipping" watching BD movies... happens especially when there is horizontal panning of the camera, and when there is some vertical lines in the background (X-Files Fight the Future, at the begining, where Scully and Mulder are on the top of the building, it happens all the time).

Happened on most movies I have watched up to now. Doesn't seem to happen with games...

Err... Now that I think about it, I think it didn't happen watching Wall-E... maybe CG images are ok but not movie material ?

Could it be a PS3 setting or a Z5 setting ? It's freaking annoying !

Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Sounds like vertical banding. Some LCDs suffer from this. Can you try another player with the Z5. Vertical banding is a problem with the projector not the player but it wouldn't hurt to try another player.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no no no ! Sorry, should've been more specific, I know what vertical banding is, I had some before when I tested an older projector...

It's more like horizontal lines, happening when there is fast movement, or panning from the camera (camera moving, following a moving object).

Freaking annoying, and now that I start to think about it, never seemed to have happened on my HTPC
Hmm... might be on to something there... I may reset the projector's setting to try if some of the tweaks I've read may be in cause.

Thanks for the tip anyway Legairre
Cheers !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts