AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning the new Sanyo brochures arrived at my work for both the PLV60 and PLC-XW15, because I'd purchased and installed my own PLV60 I was looking forward to further info from the brochure.....I didn't expect this!.

Quote:

1200 ANSI lumens for a big, bright picture

Whether it's for home theater use or

professional event applications, the PLV-60

delivers the brightness you need for superior

big screen enjoyment. The light comes from a

250W NSH lamp, and the brightness of each

pixel is enchanced by a built-in microlens.The

result is screen brightness of 1200ANSI lumens.

professional users can stack two units together

for a combined total of more than 2400 ANSI lumens.

[This message has been edited by Paul O'Hale (edited 07-04-2001).]

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
The PLV-60 I saw at Infocomm, had a well-defined screen door unlike the XP21N with MLA I saw that had distorted screen door that I associated with MLA.

If the screen door is as well defined as I saw with the PLV-60, MLA has no particular value as far as I'm concerned other than brightness.

There seems to be confusion at Sanyo as to what projectors have MLA.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
375 Posts
Paul,

I have personnally examined the LCD panels in the PLV-60. They are Sony panels (printed right on each panel's lead). As far as I recollect the MLA feature is exclusive to Epson's panels.

Thumper

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Please note that the flyer says "built-in microlens". It doesn't say MLA. It might be the same as buying a car with "genuine letherette interior".

I think a MLA would help a little on breaking up the grid structure of the PLV60 which could use it. However, MLAs don't make LCD's look like D-ila's

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thumper

I'am Just quoting the brochure,as Ken said even Sanyo don't know what they have!

They also say the contrast ratio is 500:1 just FYI.

So in future when reading projector brochures,I'll stick to looking at the pretty pictures. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thumper,

Have you had any more opportunities to fiddle with the PLV-60? I am curious as to how you removed the purple tinting? Also, can you align the panels via the service menu or do you need to physically adjust them with some kind of tool?

kmartin

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello,

The newest Sanyo literature states 700:1 Contrast Ratio and nothing about MLA. This was printed up just before INFOCOMM so is literally only about 4 weeks old. The previous poster was correct that only Epson panels have MLA. And, the screen door is far more pronounced than on the Epson panels in the XP-21, 45 etc.

------------------

Steve

Synergy MultiMedia, LLC

Atlanta, Georgia

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Well the Sony VW10HT has 1000 lumens using a 200 Watt lamp, the Sanyo PLV-60 has 1200 lumens using a 250 Watt lamp. The MLA increase the light output from the XP18N to the XP21N from 2000 lumens to 2500 lumens, or a 25% increase. My bet would be no MLA on the PLV-60.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.