AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or know a link to the PLV60/13HD serial port control codes? I'd like to write a small program that sends control codes to the projector via serial cable for pre-defined zoom level, lens shift, and other parameters.

My previous Mits X100 XGA 1997 vintage projector came with a very nice win9x app to control the pj via RS232 cable- why doesn't the PLV60 come with the software?

The possibilities for HTPC use are endless- macros combined with X10 lighting control to set the aspect ratio, lens shift position, lens zoom position, image settings, and other parameters to start/end a movie.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Other than that Mitsu and it's clones, few pj's have come with pre-written control software. Software conflicts, serial port issues, and delay issues with circa mid-90's computers made it a support nightmare most companies didn't want to touch.

I'm getting the RS232 codes for the PLV-60HT for you. Check back in a day or two if you don't hear from me before then.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good, Jim.

You wouldn't beleive how cool the free pack-in software was for the Mits X100.

The GUI looked like the menu system on the projector, which was actually more comprehensive and visually complete than my new PLV60!

The remote control was duplicated with an on screen software version. I could do everything from the HTPC tha could be done with the hand remote and/or on screen menu system- zoom up/down, focus, save presets, everything.

But the coolest feature when using the PC for projector control on the X100 was the ability to manipulate the gamma curve graphically. The X100 had both combined and separate R-G-B gamma curves, graphically depicted as discrete vertical bars . Rather than use the remote to tediously adjust the bars in the ramp, you could use the mouse to drag each gamma ramp bar up/down.

When you had the gamma curve you wanted, you could save it to disk! YOu could swap these files with others, and have inifinte projector memories (for gamma curves, at least).

I don't know if I'd have the time or skill to do something like the X100 software, but just being able to upload/download gamma tables on the PLV60, and/or select discrete projector inputs, discrete lens shift positions, or discreet lens zoom levels would be a boon.

Hopefully, the PLV60 command set includes discrete codes for these operations (rather than input cycling only, or "Up/DOwn"-only lens shift commands.)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Volia!

PLV-60 RS232C command codes:

CODE PLC-SW10 PLV-60

C00 POWER ON POWER ON

C01 compulsory POWER OFF compulsory POWER OFF

C02 POWER OFF POWER OFF

C05 CG1 MODE SET INPUT 1

C06 INPUT 2 RGB

C07 AV MODE SET INPUT 2 VIDEO

C08 INPUT 3 VIDEO

C09 VOLUME + VOLUME +

C0A VOLUME - VOLUME -

C0B SOUND MUTE ON SOUND MUTE ON

C0C SOUND MUTE OFF SOUND MUTE OFF

C0D VIDEO MUTE ON VIDEO MUTE ON

C0E VIDEO MUTE OFF VIDEO MUTE OFF

C0F AV REGULAR SIZE AV SCREEN NORMAL

C10 AV WIDE SIZE AV SCREEN FULL

C1C MENU ON MENU ON

C1D MENU OFF MENU OFF

C1E DISPLAY CLEAR DISPLAY CLEAR

C1F NORMAL NORMAL

C20 BRIGHTNESS UP

C21 BRIGHTNESS DOWN

C22

C23 INPUT 2 S-VIDEO

C24 INPUT 2 Y/C

C25 INPUT 2 Y,Pb/Cb,Pr/Cr

C26 INPUT 3 Y,Pb/Cb,Pr/Cr

C27 IMAGE(Toggle)

C28 ON START (ON)

C29 ON START (OFF)

C2A POWER MANEGEMENT(ON)

C2B POWER MANEGEMENT(OFF)

C2C AV SCREEN(ZOOM)

C2D AV SCREEN(WIDEZOOM)

C2E

C2F

C30 D.Zoom+ D.Zoom+

C31 D.Zoom- D.Zoom-

C3A POINTER RIGHT POINTER RIGHT

C3B POINTER LEFT POINTER LEFT

C3C POINITER UP POINITER UP

C3D POINITER DOWN POINITER DOWN

C3E [email protected] SW [email protected] SW

C3F ENTER ENTER

C42

C43 FREEZE ON FREEZE ON

C44 FREEZE OFF FREEZE OFF

C46 ZOOM DOWN

C47 ZOOM UP

C49

C4A FOUCS DOWN

C4B FOUCS UP

C4D

C4F

C59

C5A

C5D LENS SHIFT UP

C5E LENS SHIFT DOWN

C5F

C60

C70

C71

C72

C80 ZOOM MODE SET

C87 FOCUS MODE SET

C88 LENS SHIFT MODE

C89 Auto Image Auto Image

C8A Presen timer

C8B

C8C POINTER UP

C8D POINTER DOWN

C8E Keystone + Keystone +

C8F Keystone - Keystone -

CD0

CD1

Thumper

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Thumper,

Do you know if any "low level" stuff is also exposed via RS232?

I am looking for bias, gains and a gamma table that allows updating of individual entries in the table.

Just curious...

Mark

·
Registered
375 Posts
Milori,

Service level and engineering level access? Sorry, but even my tentacles don't reach that far into Sanyo! Good luck!!

Here's the rest of what I've got so far for the PLV-60HT RS-232 codes:

2. RS-232C STATUS LIST:

CR0 Status Read

CR1 Input Mode Read

CR3 Lamp Time Read

CR4 Setting Read

CR6 ?

CR7 ?

3. STATUS READ:

00 POWER ON

80 SUTANDBY

40 COUNT DOWN

20 COOLING DOWN

10 POWER FAIL

*8 TEMPERETURE WARNING

02 NO KEY INPUT

4. INPUT MODE READ:

1 £Ã£Ç£±

2 £Ã£Ç£²

3 £Ã£Ö£±

4 £Ã£Ö£²

5. LAMP TIME READ:

£ª£ª£ª£ª a four-digit number

6. SETTING READ:

11 NORMAL

10 TOP/BOTTOM REVERSE

01 LEFT/RIGHT REVERSE

00 T/B & L/R REVERSE

7. TEMP READ:

_**.*__**.* _: space, *:a digit number

ex. _31.5__35.2: a temperetue of 31.5¨¬ & 35.2¨¬

-05.5_-01.2: a temperetue of -5.5¨¬ & -1.2¨¬

E00.0__35.2: ERROR and a temperetue of 35.2¨¬

NOTE: Invalid 232 entries will give a "yield/exclamation" icon on the screen.

Thumper

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Thumper!

I haven't checked this thread since my last post on the 14th, so I didn't see your stuff until now.

projectorpeople.com is hawking "Projector Pilot" software:

http://www.projectorpeople.com/projectors/projpilot.asp

A version for the PLV60 is supposedly available. They want $150 or more for the software!

Hopefully, the user community can come up with something workable...

What are the COM parameters for a PC->PLV60 link? I'd assume 9600bps, 1 stop bit, full duplex, but that's a guess..

I assume you captured the output of the wired remote serial signals into a PC to get the codes above?

·
Registered
375 Posts
RGB,

I'll have to check the parameters (speed, stop/parity bits, pauses, etc..) and get back with you on those next week.

The 232 code info is straight from Sanyo ;) You'll note the list is longer than the buttons on the remote. Some notable items are seperate forced power on and off and direct lamp time read

I also have a neat little throw-ratio auto-calculator (from Sanyo) for the throw distances of all their PJs including the 16x9 PLV-60 :D

Thump

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
re:"I also have a neat little throw-ratio auto-calculator (from Sanyo) for the throw distances of all their PJs including the 16x9 PLV-60 "

Any chance on posting this as a zipped attachment? :)

re: "Some notable items are seperate forced power on and off and direct lamp time read"

These would also be great as IR codes, along with IR discrete input select, discrete Image mode memory select and discrete Full/Normal/True IR codes, hint, hint :D Post to remotecentral, and you'll be a hero ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
RGB,

Some additional RS232 info:

rate: 19,200

8+1, no parity

I'll try and get a moment over the next few days to post the Sanyo throw calculator up. It is a smallish Excel spreadsheet with macros.

You want me to help the guys over at remote central with IR codes?? I'm still looking for some decent cdf files & artwork for my Pronto pro ;)

Thumper

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the serial port parameters.

re: "You want me to help the guys over at remote central with IR codes?? "

I just want these discrete IR codes:

Power On ("forced")

Power Off

Direct Lamp Time Access

Direct Input selection (no cycling inputs)

Direct aspect ratio selection (Normal, Full, True)

Direct IMage mode memory selection (Std, Real, Image1-Image4)

Maybe your little birdies at Sanyo can provide input if any of these IR codes are even available on the Sanyo? ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.