AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI to everyone will read this , im new in this forum , my question is :

i have a laptop acer aspire 3000 with no s-video input , and i bought an RGB to RCA / S-video , and i have RCA tv i tried with all my best to use my tv as the second screen and wont , here what i tried i put the RGB TO RCA and S-VIDEO cable in laptop and connected it to TV and i went to control pannel then display then setting then the second screen as attched and to use for second screen and after apply but i got nothing , i tried to search in tv too and wont , plz im today writting here to find someone can really help me i got so mad with many tries and nothing plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i need your help

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nater303 /forum/post/0

i have a laptop acer aspire 3000 with no s-video input , and i bought an RGB to RCA / S-video , and i have RCA tv i tried with all my best to use my tv as the second screen and wont , here what i tried i put the RGB TO RCA and S-VIDEO cable in laptop and connected it to TV and i went to control pannel then display then setting then the second screen as attched and to use for second screen and after apply but i got nothing , i tried to search in tv too and wont , plz im today writting here to find someone can really help me i got so mad with many tries and nothing plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i need your help

First make sure your TV is set to display the right input. If it is, often times you need to reset the laptop with the TV conencted for it to work.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nater303 /forum/post/0

Oh baby, I feel your pain. What kind of RGB to RCA and S-video did you buy? Cheap one from ebay for $5?

Most of them are PASSIVE and will not work without a special adaptor, usually powered. It is not that simple to send VGA signal to S-Video/Composite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.