AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have been wanting a new set for a while now and my Toshiba 36" TV just died so I was in BB last week and saw the two sets above. My first intention was to get the 42" since I was hoping to save a little cash and it was quite a bit cheaper - anyhow I looked at the 50" for a bit and I took into consideration that I would be viewing from roughly 12ft. I was told the 50" might be the better choice. Just curious as to what you folks think? I have never had an HDTV or plasma/lcd so its all new to me. I have been reading here quite a bit so I have learned that I do feel plasma is the way for me

I like sports, the room is dark and they are cheaper (at least where I live). Any benefit to get a 50" over a 42". Its about a $260 difference in price but the only difference I see being new to this is screen size -any advice?

I do not want to make a silly mistake, something tells me getting a 50" while I can afford it instead of a 42 is the wiser thing to do but the noob in me tells me something is amiss.

Appreciate ANY info you can give me. Good day

Rob

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
I'd get the 50". I have a pn50a450, which I watch from 10', and a pn42b450, which I watch from 8'. They are both perfectly satisfactory at those distances, IMO. The 50" has slightly more pixels horizontally than the 42".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I am really liking the 50" more and more though I am not sure why
I guess that the prices just went down again (this weeks ad at BB)

Any other info folks please post, I appreciate it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pulled the trigger on the 50" Samsung and I am glad I did (new sale started today). Very happy with the set and price. Nice to finally have an HDTV much less a 50 incher. Waiting for DTV to come out and switch me over to HD (tue) until then I will keep reading here. Thanks for this nice forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.