AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new PN50C7000. There's a couple of inches on the right side of the TV that's often slightly brighter than the rest of the screen, though it's only noticeable when the entire screen is black (i.e. when getting ready to view trailers on the internet, etc.). The difference in brightness is not noticeable when a picture is displayed (even when there's black along the edges). At first I thought it was light reflecting off the inside of the screen, but it's still visible when I shut off all the lights. Is this normal? Will it even out as the TV breaks in?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Does this happen with all sources/inputs? It doesn't sound normal to me.

You have to consider that it may never even out. I don't think I could live with it. Keep your receipt handy.

·
23,032 Posts
It may even out after time. If you can't see it during normal viewing then you may have a hard time returning it unless the vendor has unconditional returns for some time period. And if you can't see it during normal viewing is it really there?

larry

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's there in my mind. In all honesty, if I hadn't come to this site before making my purchase I probably wouldn't have noticed or cared. This site has a way of giving people OCD over their purchases.

I did run the scrolling bars for about 5 minutes this morning and the screen evened out. Not quite perfect, but very close. I also noticed a black syfy logo in the bottom right corner. Barely perceptible (you had to be inches away from the screen showing a no signal black image), but the area the syfy logo was in was a little darker than the rest of the screen (which is strange because I didn't watch that channel too much).

I think pushed the settings a little too soon. I'm going to run the break in slides.

Even with this issue, the picture quality is stunning.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those burn in slides appear to be doing the trick. I've been running them for about an hour and screen uniformity is getting much better. The black syfy logo is gone too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts