AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to make a decision on a tv. Only decision I need to make is 51 or 59 inch. 51 is $899 and the 59 is $1199. Any suggestions on which one to get?

·
Registered
460 Posts
For only 200.00 more go with the bigger screen! Also, i beleive the bigger Samsung's have better black levels.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Bigger is always better.. I was torn between the 64 and 59 as I though the 64 would be too big, but after a month with the 64 I could see an even larger screen in its place. The TV will look smaller after a few weeks and you may regret not getting the larger model.

What's your viewing distance?

Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Unless your budget is ridiculously strained, i'd definitely opt for the 59 inch. 8 Inches is a pretty significant difference, and is surely worth the extra 300 dollars imo

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just found a downer with the 59, it only has 2 hdmi inputs. I like to have at least three, the 51 has four hdmi inputs.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
All D550s have 4 HDMI inputs, the 530 and below have only 2.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Best Buy and Samsung website has posted wrong specs on their products many times. The 550 does have 4 hdmi.

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Distance, schm-istance-- go for the larger display!

In all seriousness though, I'd recommend the larger display if your budget permits. Bottom line, size is king. HD content is pretty ubiquitous nowadays and a BIG display can really take something that looks cool in HD and make it look amazing!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up going with the 51. It looks huge in my living room. They had 60s on display and it would've been too much.

·
Registered
7,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by balla01 /forum/post/0

I ended up going with the 51. It looks huge in my living room. They had 60s on display and it would've been too much.

Wait a couple weeks!

Congrats on the new tv!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts