AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while running the break in disc on my new Samsung i notice faint black horizontal lines - every 4 inches or so about a 2 inches thick run across the screen - is this normal or should i send this one back to BB for another - i dont notice on normal viewing - thanks

·
Registered
4,790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hward1 /forum/post/18141312

while running the break in disc on my new Samsung i notice faint black horizontal lines - every 4 inches or so about a 2 inches thick run across the screen - is this normal or should i send this one back to BB for another - i dont notice on normal viewing - thanks

If there lines were moving, or scrolling, up or down the screen, you probably have a ground loop issue which is fixable. Can you give some more information on the lines, if they move, are they visible only on media from your DVD, are they visible in a dark scene from other media (Xbox, DVR, cable/dish)?

-JR

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the lines are not moving and i only notice on a solid color screen - i didnt notice on the panasonic S1 when i was breaking that one in - now i which i would have kept that one i think --

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
All I had was it being a possible ground loop issue. If it's static though, I'm not sure what it would be. Not sure if what you're seeing is an issue or simply a random quirk attributed to having the entire screen present a single color.

Probably better not to take a chance with the tv and return it as you said you plan to. I don't own this unit, so I can't give you any additional advice. Maybe another owner will pop in your thread to give you some info.

Good luck,

-JR

·
Registered
65 Posts
My one week old 58b860 exhibited very similar behavior and had Samsung tech out to assess it. He indicated that it was not normal and they would order a new panel and replace it. Being only a week old, I decided to pack it up and return it and will wait for the new models to show up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.