AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, im having some problems with my tv. When it shows a solid white screen there is red pixels at the top right. Only shows when there is a good bit of white on the picture. I have included a picture so you can see. Should I contact Samsung? I have only had it around 5 months.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I replied to your post in the 3D forum, but it looks like you have some really bad IR or possibly burn in. Run the scrolling bars for a while or download the break in images and run them as well (might even want to alternate between the scrolling bars and the break in images).

If you have adjusted your color space (or the gain on any of the pixels), you might want to set it back as I think increasing the gain can make IR easier to get (while not normally an issue for movies, it would be an issue for games).

While not neccessary for the scrolling bars or the break in slides, you might want to reduce cell lighting, contrast, and brightness a bit and mix up what you watch (in fact, you could probably set the TV to dynamic mode when running these to speed up the process). At the very least, run the scrolling bars when you take breaks from gaming (if you don't see anything on the white screen of the scrolling bars you don't have to keep running them).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, where can I download the scrolling bars or the break in images. I have my Cell Light pretty high. As for everything else I havent touched. Except for turning Game mode on and off. Yeh I posted it over here to cause I didnt know how much explosure it would get in the other section. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts