AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the plunge and ordered a Samsung PN63C8000 that will be delivered on Friday... I currently have a 50" Philips plasma on a wall mount... The two TV's weight about the same (~85 lbs), and doing the measurements of my current TV to the new 63", it seems the new will be about 3 1/2" taller and about 6" wider...

My concern is looking at the online manual from Samsung, they state that their 58 and 63" models are NOT VESA compatible.. My plan was to use the same mount I have, but should I be concerned now? Other thoughts or concerns?

Thanks!

P.S. Can't wait til this bad boy shows up so I can finally use these 3D glasses finally! (BB had the free starter kit, not the TV)

·
Registered
409 Posts
It has a VESA mounting pattern of 600x400. I just mounted mine using monoprice's ultra slim tilting mount (Product ID 5916). Very nice mount and crazy cheap...$15.20.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyandy /forum/post/0

I took the plunge and ordered a Samsung PN63C8000 that will be delivered on Friday... I currently have a 50" Philips plasma on a wall mount... The two TV's weight about the same (~85 lbs), and doing the measurements of my current TV to the new 63", it seems the new will be about 3 1/2" taller and about 6" wider...

My concern is looking at the online manual from Samsung, they state that their 58 and 63" models are NOT VESA compatible.. My plan was to use the same mount I have, but should I be concerned now? Other thoughts or concerns?

Thanks!

P.S. Can't wait til this bad boy shows up so I can finally use these 3D glasses finally! (BB had the free starter kit, not the TV)

The PN63C8000 went up on the wall yesterday with the original mount, no issues... Now to "play" today!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you guys feel the need to use spacers when mounting the rails on the TV? I was planning to use the Sanus VMPL50B which I had from a previous TV but the rails felt kind of tight on this mount since the holes are not recessed and strangely there were some screws right next to the holes. I think any mount's rails are probably prone to the same problem.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts