AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to watch a movie, Fired up the TV and I heard a faint pop and the tv went out. No Red light or anything. I popped the back panel off took out the power supply board and I'm looking at the caps. They all seem fine. I took a picture of the fuse hoping some one can tell me if it is finished or not and whats the easiest way to get it out. I tried pulling it out with plyers. Looks like I might have to melt the solder from the back and remove it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I got the fuse replaced at a local repair place 15$ plugged it in with the back open to see and as soon as I put power to the board it popped and sparked right at the new fuse. any idea what would cause this?

·
Registered
536 Posts
So I got the fuse replaced at a local repair place 15$ plugged it in with the back open to see and as soon as I put power to the board it popped and sparked right at the new fuse. any idea what would cause this?
Some other part of the circuitry has failed/shorted, and the fuse is doing its job by blowing. Whatever you do, dont try to bypass it. Sorry I cant be of more help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts