AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
They're all pretty dim.

This one is coming out "this summer". i plan on getting one as when they come out. Join their VIP list and they'll let you know when you can get one. They're going to sell to that list first.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloseth /forum/post/16961480

They're all pretty dim.

This one is coming out "this summer". i plan on getting one as when they come out. Join their VIP list and they'll let you know when you can get one. They're going to sell to that list first.

What one? What are you talking about?

I've owned both a pico projector (the Nextar Z10) and currently use a Dell M109s pocket projector.

I can categorically state after living with both that all of the pico projectors do not have enough usable lumens (10-15) to be useful in most situations.

I consider the 50 lumens of the Dell to be the minimum useful brightness level and it is very enjoyable to use. I use it as a web surfing and casual viewing projector when I don't want to burn precious bulb hours on my main projector. I have it currently at 100" in a pitch black theater feeding it 720p from my HTPC.

There are other led projectors with even more brightness for more money (the Samsung and the LG)...

·
Registered
935 Posts
The Dell is a nice projector, but it's not even in the same category as the pocket projectors. It's AC powered and the input dongle is enormous. Pocket projectors are still a niche product but thay are getting better all the time.

Jim

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Exactly my point. After owning a true pocket projector, I don't find 10 lumens enough to be practically useful in the real world. Until they can make a minimum 50 lumens pico that is battery powered and fits in your pocket I would refrain from buying one except for fun (and they are fun). If I HAD to buy one, I'd get the optoma...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.