AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of AS-F1 as front speakers and have been looking for AS-C1 for center. Today I saw BB has Point 5 MK II on clearance sale for $149. Do you think I can use it with AS-F1s to build a 7.1 system? ( I have a sub)

Athena website says the S5 timbre match with Audition series but not the C5.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
I had the point 5 speakers and although the sound was clean I found them to be too spare in the low midrange area to keep them. The C5 center channel had a different tone than the S5 speakers and I prefer the sound up front to be more seamless. Of course, these were open box speakers so perhaps there was something wrong with them. But I don't think so. I had bought them at BB for $149.

I found 2 B1s and a C1 recently at BB for $100 (after a 30% open box coupon) and I REALLY like their sound. The center channel matches the sides very nicely and has much more "punch".

I wouldn't match the F1s with the C5. The AS-C1 is much stronger and better suited for the AS-F1s. (IMO) You might get the 5 speakers and use the C5 until you find a C1. Which begs my next thought:

Question: I know the Teteron tweeter technology is used in the Audition series and in the Point 5s . I wonder if I could use the S5s for my surrounds? They would fit the area I have. Anything larger wouldn't.

Be sure and break in Athenas. I found the sound to be much better after playing them at low levels for the first 2 weeks or so.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.