AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Direct TV for 4 years. I want to go to an HDTV/Dolby Digital setup. What are good receiver/dish setups....can I get into a "deal" for purchasing one (I dont want to pay a bunch for a receiver and dish) ?I also wont mind a year or 2 deal to get one cheap. My original deal of free dish etc...is long expired. Also, does one of the other serivces have more HDTV content? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You're SOL on a deal since you're an existing subscriber.

Quote:
does one of the other serivces have more HDTV content?
Dish has CBS east and/or west (if you qualify), HBO HD, Showtime HD, PPV HD and a demo channel.

-Robert

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
DirecTV has HBO HD and HD Net, which also serves as a partime HD PPV channel. If you want to go with Dish youll need to get the model 6000, a Dish 500 for core programming and keep your current dish for 61.5 or 148 (where HD is). If you want to keep DirecTV youll need an HD compatable IRD and either a second 18" dish or a 24" eliptical dish.

Steve

·
Registered
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rlj5242
You're SOL on a deal since you're an existing subscriber.

(Robert
You can change over to Dish and get a deal. The Dish 6022 is a HD recveiver and a twin LNB dish for around $399. Then you get the $31.99 program package for $9 per month for the first year.

try www.allsat.com or others.

Jerry

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go figure huh? I mean 4 years of payments and I gotta switch to get a decent price on a HD capable setup. Maybe I will cancel and have my fiance sign up for it :) or....have the satisfaction of telling the salesmen who call when we dump DTV that we are now with DISH. Thanks for the info y'all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.