AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've been up and down the ladder many times so far today http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif . My questions are.

1. My zip is 07463 my lat is 41.01n long 74.12w.When I set my STB (HD100) to oval 2-sat it tells me AZ 241 EL 30 Tilt 56 I went to a website (I forget what one) and when I tell it to give me location of 119 bird it tells me to point AZ 236 EL 24.6. Which one is correct? I guess The EL is most important I can allways swing the dish is AZ to get it Right.

I have the EL set to 30 now and when I piont it in the general direction of 240-230 AZ I get a signal around 70(best) But only on Transponders 28,30,32. No lower and no odd.

The mast is plumb,the 101 bird on the other dish is 90+

Right now I have the 119 dish hooked directly into the STB and I get the 199,400,509 channels in the guide but no pic.(searching for sat signal)

Can someone help me out I have DirecTv

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Grizz (edited 03-29-2001).]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Joe

I had to move the 119 dish about 15'. Now I'm getting high 80's

The only problem I have now is the 22khz switch isn't working! I got it from a friend and I guess its shot. Now I'm trying to find one locally not an easy task, electronics places I've called have no idea what I'm talkin about. The search continues.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The numbers for the oval dish are "averages" since it has to see both satellites. Since you are using separate dishes you can ignore the tilt. Use the EL and AZ for the 119 sat.

joe

·
Registered
262 Posts
i know what you mean about 22khz switches, some that are marked as such by the manufacture do not work at all! we had to return 2 different brands to our dist because they said they did 22k but didnt!

oscar

HOME THEATER CREATIONS

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Assume that you are near 249 Azimuth & 25 Elevation.

Have you connected 119 direct to the STB to make sure you are getting 119? I just use a barrel connector & try it. Leave oval dish in the setup.

Tim

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was away Fri and Sat. I will try the direct 119 to the STB and see if ch 199 and HBO HD comes in. I assume with this direct connection between the 119 bird and The STB I'll get pictures on these two channels. I'll also assume that if I don't I'm pointing at the wrong bird.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went up on the roof and I was not pointed at the 119 bird. Figures. So I repointed and I got it. I went direct and got both HBO HD and 199. I hooked it up to the switch and as I suspected the switch is no good.

So I'm off to search for a switch today. Again thanks to everyone for helping me out with this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.