AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recieved my oval dish today and am trying to point it but i do not have a compass to do so, i have tryed to estimate but have ony been able to get a signal from the 119/110. If these are getting a strong signal, i should be getting one from 101 also, correct?? i dont have a multiswitcher, the only thing i have is the combiner that comes with the sat c kit. I live in california and my azimuth is supposed to be 153.4, elevation 49.7 and tilt 100.6, i have the tilt and the elevation set. What do i need to get to get this all working?? all the help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the dish has the set up where it comes with all 4 cables where the LNB's connect, so i presume that the sat c and sat b are combined inside the y connecter or what ever that is called (the dish is a Directv multi satillite winegard)

thanks in advance,

Ray

·
Registered
302 Posts
1. Go to a hiking or marine store and buy a cheap compass or use your property plat for an approximation (remember, don't confuse magnetic with true)

or

2. Set-up the sat box with a small tv at your antenna adjusting location, put the box in set-up mode, and slowly (so the box has time to update) move the antenna to get the max signal. I would do az, then el, then tilt. Good luck. HNick

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HNick

Thanks, i got everything working now. I went ahead and used the baby monitor we had to help me out. I also figured out that with this new satellite setup from directv doesn't need any multiswitches to bring all 3 lnb's to the receiver. That is a part that i was confused on at first. All i have to do is run my cable line straight to the satellite and I'm good to go.

Thanks again.

Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.