AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I know this has probably been covered in one of the lengthy Polaroid threads, but a search did not turn it up.

The optical drive on my Polaroid DVD recorder is starting to go, but I like the connections and the low profile... and I'd rather not have to reprogram my remote for new gear!

Does anyone have a list of replacement drives that work with this model? Maybe the newer Polaroid model, or one of the Philips clones?

A good deal on a factory sealed or refurb model would be acceptable also.

Thanks...

·
Registered
3,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard /forum/post/14326249

Hi all,

I know this has probably been covered in one of the lengthy Polaroid threads, but a search did not turn it up.

The optical drive on my Polaroid DVD recorder is starting to go, but I like the connections and the low profile... and I'd rather not have to reprogram my remote for new gear!

Does anyone have a list of replacement drives that work with this model? Maybe the newer Polaroid model, or one of the Philips clones?

A good deal on a factory sealed or refurb model would be acceptable also.

Thanks...

If I recall correctly pretty much any newer DVD drive worked. I seem to remember that both Sony and LG were preferable. Try searching "Sony" or "LG" in the big Polaroid thread. I ran an external Sony burner for a while and it worked fine. I never tried installing a replacement burner in the case.

·
Registered
650 Posts
There seem to be some problems listed in other website forums with drives that are 20X or 22X. See if you can find a 16X one without the SecureRom feature.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, both. Helpful input.

I'm kind of leaning toward picking up another cheap recorder altogether & just using it for parts. I don't want to replace the Polaroid... with all its problems, the PQ looks great, and it's REAL tough to find another model with component inputs these days, even used.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Bard, Have you had much luck finding a replacement for the Polaroid DVD burner? I know it has been a a couple of years since you wrote about it but I'd appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts