AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and new to 4K (and HDR etc) TV's and looking for some advice.

I have purchased the Polaroid Series 6 (P50UP2038A) 10bit HDR 4K as an entry level TV for 4K and HDR.

Specs are:

Main Features
• 4K LCD TV
• 10 Bit Panel
• Smart Applications
• Freeview Play
• High Dynamic Range
• Energy Saving mode

Video
• 3840X 2160 IPS 4K LED
• 5000:1 Contrast
• HDR10
• DVB-T2 MPEG4
• USB Video Playback
• 4:4:4 Sampling
• MPEG NR
• DNR
• HDMI Full Range 1-255

Connectivity
• 3 X HDMI 2.0 /HDCP 2.2 with CEC & HDR
• USB X 1
• VGA Input
• Composite Video Input
• Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/
• RJ45
• Wireless Display
• Optical Output PCM/ Bitstream

Audio
• DTS True Surround
• Optical Out
• Equaliser
• USB Audio Playback
• ARC on HDMI
• Headphone Socket
• Line out via 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Extras
• 4K Netflix with HDR
• 4K YouTube with HDR
• 4K HDR Playback Via USB (See supported Codecs)
• BBCi Player
• Freeview Play
• Electronic Program Guide
• On Screen Instruction book
• Auto Update
• Auto Power Down
I am looking for advice in regards to the following areas:

* Can I install plex or Emby on this set, if so, how?
* What is the best way to set up the display for watching 4K content without a calibrating tool? (I'm happy to HDMI to pc if necessary).
* Is there a major benefit in finding the engineers menu, if so, how do I go about finding this?

* Any other advice to get the most out of this TV?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and new to 4K (and HDR etc) TV's and looking for some advice.

I have purchased the Polaroid Series 6 (P50UP2038A) 10bit HDR 4K as an entry level TV for 4K and HDR.

Specs are:

* Can I install plex or Emby on this set, if so, how?
* What is the best way to set up the display for watching 4K content without a calibrating tool? (I'm happy to HDMI to pc if necessary).
* Is there a major benefit in finding the engineers menu, if so, how do I go about finding this?

Thanks in advance.
- Unless you have an "app store" you can download apps from, doubtful you can install plex on it ... so 99% that answer is NO
- Calibrating without a calibrating tool is probably also no that easy (that's why those tools were invented)
- What would you like to find in the service menu ?

Someone just asked in this thread about plex/emby
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/po...tv-at-asda-315-2932228?page=3#thread-comments

·
Registered
18,458 Posts
+1.

I'd add that you can download the free AVS HD709 calibration disk and use that to adjust (not calibrate) the basics which may be all you need. There are also commercial disks like WoW that you can use to adjust as well. Calibration can only be achieved with a light meter and special software.

Entering the Service Menu can be one of the quickest ways to brick your tv and there really isn't anything in there that the consumer needs to access. You may be able to enable another feature that is not available on your particular model but the process can result in a bricked tv if you go about it wrong. There are instructions on the web but unless you have the exact same model, build, board and firmware versions, it can be disastrous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
- Unless you have an "app store" you can download apps from, doubtful you can install plex on it ... so 99% that answer is NO
- Calibrating without a calibrating tool is probably also no that easy (that's why those tools were invented)
- What would you like to find in the service menu ?

Someone just asked in this thread about plex/emby

Hmmmm, I wonder whom that could be :whistles:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Specs are:

• Can I install plex or Emby on this set, if so, how?
  • What is the best way to set up the display for watching 4K content without a calibrating tool? (I'm happy to HDMI to pc if necessary).
  • Is there a major benefit in finding the engineers menu, if so, how do I go about finding this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank u so much I was looking if my tv has hdmi 2.0 to play videogames and this is a great new, thank u so so so so so so so much 👍🏼😊

1 - 6 of 6 Posts