AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Polk Audio CS2 Series II? I'm especially interested in the height. I am going to buy a new TV stand / cabinet soon and I just realized the Polk Audio CS2 Series II center in route is likely to cause me the most difficulty in finding the correct cabinet. Thanks, I can't find the dimensions anywhere online.

·
Registered
29,109 Posts
Depth: 11.1 inches

Height: 7.8 inches

Width: 21.3 inches

Weight: 17 pounds

Same dimensions as the original cs2. The only difference is the CS2 series II has a black front baflle while the original version is silver.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks afrogt, that's what I thought too. But I just got off the phone with a Polk Audio salesperson not too long ago who said the CS2 Series II was EXACTLY 7 inches tall. I'm getting the feeling he was wrong though. It would really suck to buy a TV stand with a 7.25" shelf, only to find my center channel speaker is 7.75" after the fact.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

Thinking about replacing my old JBL Center with a Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center ...

But I'm worried instead about the depth because the ideal place (and where the JBL is) is on the mantle. Projector displays right above it.

So, does "Depth: 11.1 inches" include the grill cover? If so, how deep is the speaker itself? My mantle is only 9.0 inches deep.

Would like to buy this new set and make them fit/work:

CS2 Series II Center

Monitor 60 - Series II

Monitor 40 - Series II

A 3rd 40 or 60 for the rear channel

PSW505 SubWoofer

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I suggest that you consider the Cambridge Audio S50 center speaker.

It is an excellent speaker, and less than 5 inches tall. (17" W x 5" H x 8.5" D). That should be very easy to fit almost any cabinet or base unit.

For a complete Cambridge system , you could get the S70 Towers, and S20 speakers for rear/surround use.

IMO those are better-sounding speakers than the Polks (somewhat more expensive, of course).

By the way, have you looked at Techcraft base units; they have some excellent ones at nice prices. I have their HBL60, and I love it. I have a 60" Mitsubishi DLP HDTV on it. It has a strong steel frame and 3 smoked black glass shelves, and each shelf will hold 3 17" wide pieces of gear. They have many styles and good value IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in867  /t/1293258/polk-audio-cs2-series-ii-dimensions#post_19550937

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Polk Audio CS2 Series II? I'm especially interested in the height. I am going to buy a new TV stand / cabinet soon and I just realized the Polk Audio CS2 Series II center in route is likely to cause me the most difficulty in finding the correct cabinet. Thanks, I can't find the dimensions anywhere online.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros  /t/1293258/polk-audio-cs2-series-ii-dimensions#post_23969190

How does this compare to the Pioneer Andrew Jones center speaker in terms of size and quality?

I don't know, but I love my Polk Audio CS2 Series-II and matching set others. I ended up getting a nice metal Sanus center stand. It's pretty big  7 3/4 x 21 1/4 x 11 1/8 but that's required for big sound. Center is not something to skimp on.

Newegg has them on sale as they close-out this Series. New series should be as good or better.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well the new cs2 has arrived and installed in place of my Pioneer center..... Sounds great.... Definitely a different sound than the Pioneer... Not that the pioneer was bad by any stretch.... The notes just sound different.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros  /t/1293258/polk-audio-cs2-series-ii-dimensions/0_100#post_24024885

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt  /t/1293258/polk-audio-cs2-series-ii-dimensions#post_24018103

Hope you purchased a center that matches your other front speakers....

Yea the cs2 should match my polk-monitor 70 towers..
best way to do it with those speakers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts