AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The polk audio CSR is 100 dollars and the CSI25 is 78 dollars. I'm not sure which one to get, I didn't see a real difference in specs when I looked at the manufacturer specs.

And on a side note, I can't find the Polk Audio R150 bookshelf speakers for 50 dollars anywhere, are they worth 80 or is there another just as good alternative for 50 dollars a pair?

·
Registered
273 Posts
What are you using for front-channel speakers? Knowing what you have up front will help to pick a center that's a good timbre match.

The only thing I have against either one of them, is they're a little on the small side. They're both a little on the bright side, with 5 1/4" main drivers. I like 6 1/2" drivers in a center channel for a little more efficiency for lower male vocals in 5.1/7.1 movie soundtracks.

Greg

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I have a 5.1 set-up that includes 4 R150s and the matching CSR. I got them from Frys when the R150s were available for $49/pair (Polk's MSRP is $180/pair) and the CSR was $79 (Polk's MSRP is $199). I'm very happy with the SQ they produce (driving them with a Sony STR-DG1000 AVR). If you can get the R150s today for $80 a pair and the CSR for $100, I'd say you'd still be getting a good deal and end up with a system you'll enjoy listening to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts