AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

My dealer has Polk DSW MicroPro 3000 ($1500) and Sunfire HRS-12 ($1050) that he recommending to me. I don't' claim to know very much about subs, or speakers for that matter, but have heard that SVS and HSU make very cost effective, high quality subs. The thing is, I'm sure my dealer does not want to hear about these "internet" offerings, so I want to arm myself with as much knowledge as I can.

Do the Polk Micropro 3000 and the HRS-12 even really compare? Are the prices in the ballpark? Is there another option that I should be considering? Which SVS or HSU subs compare to either of these?

Sorry for the twenty questions, but I want to nail this down so that I can work on getting my room squared away.

Oh yeah, I'm leaning toward some Focal 705V's bookshelves, a Focal CC700V center, and some Niles MP5's in wall surrounds, through a Marantz 5007 if that helps at all.

Thanks,

·
Registered
9,488 Posts
Unless you HAVE to have a really small sub there are much, much better alternatives for the money. Especially at the price point you are in with those 2 subs.

So, room size? Listening habits? Expectations? WAF? etc.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the room is about 15x17' and will be used primarily as a HT but with raw audio being used, just much less. As for expectations, I guess I'm looking for the ability to go deep, while remaining tight. The Focal 705V's dont have large woofers at all so the sub will be expected to pick up a lot of slack on the low end.

·
Registered
14,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven1olaf  /t/1466825/polk-audio-dsw-micropro-3000-vs-sunfire-hrs-12-vs-the-internet#post_23168710

the room is about 15x17' and will be used primarily as a HT but with raw audio being used, just much less. As for expectations, I guess I'm looking for the ability to go deep, while remaining tight. The Focal 705V's dont have large woofers at all so the sub will be expected to pick up a lot of slack on the low end.

contact Tom @ Power Sound Audio...he use to work at SVS until starting his own company. Customer service is second to none and his products are killer for the money. I just purchased 2 xv15's for 1500.00 shipped. he also has the xs15 which a slightly smaller sealed enclosure....both will extend well below 20hz. I have contacted every Internet direct sub company in the last week, spending countless hours doing research...ended up at PSA because the customer service, price, and performance on paper was exactly what I was looking for. No I am not getting any kick backs, thats just how impressed I was with PSA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts