AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well. Been a while since I posted but am now in the market to pick up a pair of speakers for a 2 channel setup. Thoughts between the Polk LSi vs the Triton 5/7? I have a hookup for the LSi where I can get them for 50% off so the 707 essentially are $1999 for the pair and the Triton 5 are also $1999 but no discounts :(

Wanted to know the communities thoughts. $1999 is pretty much my max budget as I also have to invest in a 2-channel amp and a DAC. Thanks!

-Cyber

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well. Been a while since I posted but am now in the market to pick up a pair of speakers for a 2 channel setup. Thoughts between the Polk LSi vs the Triton 5/7? I have a hookup for the LSi where I can get them for 50% off so the 707 essentially are $1999 for the pair and the Triton 5 are also $1999 but no discounts :(

Wanted to know the communities thoughts. $1999 is pretty much my max budget as I also have to invest in a 2-channel amp and a DAC. Thanks!

-Cyber
What did you finally end up purchasing, and are you happy with it?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up going with the Polk LSiM703 which I then switched out with Martin Logan Motion 20. BUT please read below for my reasons:

Between Triton 5 and 7, 5 was clearly the better speaker. More air, bigger sound stage and bigger sound. 7 was a bit lean in the vocals and bass. It's a good speaker but when you hear it side by side with 5, Five is the better speaker and you can hear the difference. Male vocals sound fuller.

I ended up with Polk LSi as they went on their annual 50% off sale and I got a pair for $750. Which saved me around $800-$900 over getting the Triton 5. Those savings I put towards a Martin Logan Depth i subwoofer and a Harman Kardon stereo receiver.

I was very happy with the setup and eventually decided to upgrade my home theater to all Polk LSi bookshelves. Thus I had to get a replacement for the music room. I found a pair of Martin Logan Motion 20 for $550 shipped. Very happy with that price and purchase.

I am looking to eventually get the Revel F206 or F208 for the music room as that is my preferred speaker for music.

Reactions: yanks1
1 - 4 of 4 Posts