AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give me their opinion of this sub,also can a sub be to big for a room? my room is 12 x 10 and will this sub or any other 12 inch sub be overpowering? thanks very much.i can get this sub for 229 i had the infinity ps210 but im having trouble with it

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclecky /forum/post/0

can anyone give me their opinion of this sub,also can a sub be to big for a room? my room is 12 x 10 and will this sub or any other 12 inch sub be overpowering? thanks very much.i can get this sub for 229 i had the infinity ps210 but im having trouble with it

This for music or home theater use or both?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I just recently bought one and thought I was really happy with it. However, if you read many reviews (especially here on AVS), you'll find many like it for music and not so much movies. I have to agree wholeheartedly with those observations. When listening to music and 2 channel feeds from netflix, the sound is great. When listening to movies with 5.1, either dvd or BR, I get HUGE amounts of port noise. It really rattles! To be fair, I have not run Audysee (sp?) as of yet.....wanted to give the 505 some time to break in. My plan is to run it, see if it helps. It's possible that Audysee had to boost the lower freq. for the psw110 the 505 replaced the 505 it doesn't need or like it. If the noise is still there after recalibration, I think I'll call Polk for some suggestions. Kinda wishing I had bought the BIC 1220...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I haven't heard the psw505, but I've read in here that it's pretty capable for a polk. I do own a BIC V1220 and it also has its limitations, but is definitely more suited for HT than music.

For the price, you'll have to compromise on a few things no matter which option you decide on. And no, you can't have too much sub for a room; at least not soundwise. A sub may be too big physically, if it gets too loud you only need to adjust levels.

·
Registered
421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krakhen /forum/post/20808083

.........if it gets too loud you only need to adjust levels.

Which is one of my problems with the 505. When the level is right for 2 channel, I have to turn it down with 5.1 inputs, cause it's going crazy. Again, it could be my audysee levels....

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest68 /forum/post/20808317

Which is one of my problems with the 505. When the level is right for 2 channel, I have to turn it down with 5.1 inputs, cause it's going crazy. Again, it could be my audysee levels....

its you audyssey levels, its a reoccuring issue

OP for home theater focus subwoofer look towards the Bic PL200(Can be had for $280) or Bic F12

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.