AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello experts! I'm looking to do a budget upgrade on my surround speaker setup (just the center, L and R and rear surrounds, already have a good subwoofer) and am looking at the Polk Audio RM6750 set. I know it comes with a sub, but I can just tuck that away in a closet as a backup in case my present sub kicks it. Does anyone have any hands on with the RM6750 set? Is it a good deal, or can I do better? Trying to keep the cost under the 300.00 USD mark. Thanx!

·
Registered
875 Posts
RM6750 is excellent at the current price, but perhaps instead of paying for a not-so-good sub that you don't really need you could pick a slightly better 5.0 set instead.

Mirage Nanosat 5 comes exactly at $299 shiped.

·
Registered
29,186 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: After thinking it over for a few days, I went online to see if any big box retailers had this 5.1 system for a better price that was had via buying online (Amazon, Newegg et al) and found that Fry's actually had it listed on their site for thirty bucks cheaper than the best online price I'd found. I was still on the fence though, so I swung by the local Fry's after work to take a look and found the same system marked down an ADDITIONAL fifty bucks!
Needless to say, I pounced on the deal. Got the system set up in under an hour (also switched out my existing sub for the Polk sub that came with the set) and after some slight finessing of the settings, realized that I'd made an excellent purchase. All the good things you've heard about this little 5.1 system are true. HIGHLY recommended for the budget-wise home theatre enthusiast.

Oh, and for the record, I'm using Premier PSPK-2B speaker mounts to hold up the rear surrounds and have had no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
Good work, enjoy your setup! I would have told you the Polk system was $149 at Fry's in store but since you didn't list the area where you live, there was no point. Lots of people complain they don't have a Fry's near them, but if they'd put their location in their profile, we'd already know that.

Just a pet peeve of mine.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/15543814

Good work, enjoy your setup! I would have told you the Polk system was $149 at Fry's in store but since you didn't list the area where you live, there was no point. Lots of people complain they don't have a Fry's near them, but if they'd put their location in their profile, we'd already know that.

Just a pet peeve of mine.

Yeah, I should probably update my profile info so I don't miss out on any future deals! We've got two Fry's to choose from down here... the one in Burbank is sci-fi themed (it's got a huge crashed saucer embedded in the front of the store - NICE!) and the other in Woodland Hills with a creepy/cool Alice in Wonderland motif.

Love what they do, and the prices are consistently awesome too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really am very pleased with the RM6750. It totally fills the room with sound and delivers crisp highs and deep lows, despite the small size of the satellites. And for the price, it was a total win. All I need to do now is upgrade my receiver (targeting the Onkyo SR606 to keep things in my price range) and I'm good to go. My older existing Panny 5.1 receiver is still going strong, but with the one-two punch of the PS3 and TH-50PX80U I want to take full advantage of the aural technology.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts