AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a nice pair of these for 59.99 at my local thrift store. I was going to buy them right there and then, but I decided to do some research and figure out of they are worth it at all. Sound quality wise, how are they comparable to the more modern Polk speakers?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I just saw a nice pair of these for 59.99 at my local thrift store. I was going to buy them right there and then, but I decided to do some research and figure out of they are worth it at all. Sound quality wise, how are they comparable to the more modern Polk speakers?
Depends what you plan on using them for.

They are older RTi-Series from Polk's which is generally a good series from Polk. RTi-series are the speakers just below the Flagship LSi-Series. WIth the 6.5" driver they would compare to the modern day Polk RTi A3

I have never listened to them but here are some reviews for you to read
http://www.audioasylum.com/reviews/Speakers/Polk-Audio/RT35i/speakers/90048.html
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/spea...akers/polk-audio/rt35/prd_120446_1594crx.aspx

From the little I read if these speakers are functioning as they should no blown tweeter or woofers they should be a decent speaker for $60. Try to get them for $50 though

·
Registered
472 Posts
The RTi 35's are a step up from the 35's, that I had for many years now passed down to my son. The rti's had better drivers than the rt series. I bought mine in 2000, and they did pretty good for 12 years. I used 4, in fronts and surrounds. Nice quality-
I agree with crazyrob and offer $50.00.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I end up buying them for $59 flat. The wood finish is undamaged and it was easy to clean and polish. I connected these to my Onkyo TX-SR313 and I was very amazed with the sound quality it offered. The bass really tight and responsive. The mids are very well balance and clean while the highs are rich and not too bright or muddle.

I'm using them for my bedroom computer setup which are more than loud enough for my room:

I am very pleased with the sound and I'm glad I didn't have to spent $300 for RTi A3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts