AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi guys,

I'm a new to this highly valuable forum and was reading a lot of useful information in the past 2-3 months. I'm plotting to start building a decent home theater system with high emphasis on musical aspect rather than a HT. My main fields of musical interests are ranging from classic rock through jazz, blues and jazz-rock to classical music (concertos and operas mainly).

So, nowadays I'm on the fence trying to decide upon the best AVR and decent front floor-standing loudspeakers as a foundation for my future system. 

Regarding the AVR - I've pretty much  narrowed my choices to Marantz SR6008 or Denon X4000 - which both are very musical and both sport a wide list of features for video processing and up scaling, pre-amp inputs, 2-3 zone and more which would be partially useful for my current or future needs. 

After making a lot of research and limiting my budget to 1500-1800$ for the speakers I've ended up with Polk A9 and Aperion Verus Grand Towers. The both are looking good (I prefer the Aperion look much more) and have a robust built quality. I haven't audition any of them yet so all of my knowledge regarding the sound quality comes from the users feedback. I know that the musical perception is highly subjective so I'm not expecting to end this thread up with one solid decision but I definitely would like to hear from the experts in the field regarding those two systems.

Thanks!     

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

They look interesting, even though I don't like their aesthetics - kinda bulky for my main room. Thanks for the link anyway!

Any other thoughts?   

1 - 3 of 3 Posts