AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up some M40 speakers from circuit city that were display models. I got them for a steal at $119, however... I think the tweaters are messed up.. they tend to crackle at certan frequencies and it really annoys me. that said, I can still return them for 'store credit' and get a different model. they dont have any more of these as they are discontinuted. what they do have is the TSI100 which are obviously newer, but I dont think/know that they are better. the M40 is a 3 way vs a 2 way in the TSI100, nuff said. they are, or were, the same price at $199 so I dont know if the TSI is actually the same basically because its newer or if its worse, or better. I can probably talk down the sales guy $30 or so so it wouldnt be much more and they would be new.

do you think I should exchange them for the TSI, or try to get them replaced through polk? I dont know how they would handle a blown tweater, Id rather not have to pay for shipping and be without them for weeks as well. any thoughts are appreciated!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I called polk and I guess the TSI200 replaced the M40, so if I went with the TSI100 it would be a step down. apparently they can just sent the tweeters out to me and I can swap them out. schweet! I gotta call tech support tomorrow though when they are open to do the exchange though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts