AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for specifically a center channel for a 20x26 room. Budget is around $300. Onkyo Sr605 will be powering. Mostly be watching movies. If you look at my post in subwoofer section, also need a sub. I have 4 in wall speakers ( L R SL SR).

I do have a few in mind like the polk csi-a4 or the cs2, but do not know if the center will be effective in such a large room. Are there any other centers that I am neglecting that would be more effective in the room?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The CSi A6 would be a step up from the A4. I think the CSi5 is the older version of the A6. You might look on Amazon and EBay. Polk Direct sometimes has the A6 at a good price and I think Amazon has the A5 still. Good luck.

·
Registered
505 Posts
What brand in-wall speakers do you have? Can you find a matching center from that brand? Just adding any ol' center speaker probably won't sound good. It's called timbre matching. Imagine if you're watching a movie where there is a sports car moving from left to right. If your speakers aren't timbre matched (almost always from the same brand) the sound - depending on your speakers - will start from the left as a powerful car, move into the center and sound like a Prius, and continue to the left as a powerful car. If this won't bother you, get any center you like. However, it would be best if you could find one to match your other speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts