AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I received Polk Monitor 40's for Christmas. Was planning to buy the CS2 or get it for my birthday. Now the price has gone up by $30 from yesterday. I can get a CS1 at half the price of the CS2. For a $20-$30 difference, I was going to get the CS2. But is it really worth twice as much? I currently have old Boston Acoustic Micros, so either should be a big improvement. I also have an Onkyo 706 AVR. The listening area is half of a wide open living room/kitchen space that is the back of the house. The entire area is 14x32, so the listening area is about 14x14. Also, volume/"loudness" isn't a goal since my wife already complains that I listen at too loud of a level.

Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Go for the CS2. The bump in sound quality will actually let you turn it down a bit and still be able to hear the center channel information clearly. Just make sure you have enough room to fit it in - the box is pretty good sized.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually don't have the room. I need to build some type of shelf that will rest on top of the TV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same dilema but I went ahead and ordered a black cs2 from J&R yesterday for 135 shipped(called and negotiated the price). Newegg has the cherry one for 129.99 shipped but are sold out of the blacks. I would go with the CS2, I can't wait until mine comes in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts