AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi debating between polk dsw micropro 3000 or definitive technology supercube III .

I will be listening to movie/music 80/20%. I'd like to ensure subwoofer is tight and not boomy. I can get a floor model micropro 3000 for $500, and the supercube on amazon for $549.

I'd prefer to stick with either of these subs. I have the polk dsw 550wi right now and am not real impressed by it.

If I could get your opinion on which sub that would be great.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I used to own the cube III' was pretty happy with it, as with most smaller form factor subs with smaller drivers, there was some slough below 35 or so hZ, but for a smaller form factor sub, it's a good deal. I think Vanns and Onecall have cheaper than $549 BTW

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellings /forum/post/0

Hi debating between polk dsw micropro 3000 or definitive technology supercube III .

I will be listening to movie/music 80/20%. I'd like to ensure subwoofer is tight and not boomy. I can get a floor model micropro 3000 for $500, and the supercube on amazon for $549.

I'd prefer to stick with either of these subs. I have the polk dsw 550wi right now and am not real impressed by it.

If I could get your opinion on which sub that would be great.

Why not go through in Internet direct company as you will end up with a superior subwoofer... HSU vtf-2 mk3 would be a great choice

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/20772710

Why not go through in Internet direct company as you will end up with a superior subwoofer... HSU vtf-2 mk3 would be a great choice

How am I to be sure this would be a smart decision to go with a sub like this HSU? What are the odds I won't like it because it is too boomy and not tight and quick responding? Is this a popular brand?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellings /forum/post/0

How am I to be sure this would be a smart decision to go with a sub like this HSU? What are the odds I won't like it because it is too boomy and not tight and quick responding? Is this a popular brand?

HSU's aren't known for being too boomy... They are high quality subwoofer company with many pro reviews. They are extremely well respected on this forum over both Polk and Def Tech subwoofers.

http://hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2-mk3.html

HSU products are designed by Dr. Hsu a genius when it come to subwoofers and speakers

HSU is a popular brand here with nothing but praise ask your question in the subwoofer forum here with the HSU as a choice I can guarantee that will be the pick from other members here.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
You should go to the subwoofer part of this forum. For around your price range I also would recommend the HSU VTF2 MK3, and the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus, SVS PC-12 NSD DSP, and the elemental designs A2-300. All of these are internet direct companies, they all specialize in subwoofers but also make some speakers too. Polk however is mainly a speaker company that also makes subwoofers.

And any of the subs listed above you will feel the bass. They have good mid bass and they all go lower than 20 hz, which below 20hz most people cant hear they can only feel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.