AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Wondering if anyone has any insight on these two subwoofers. Any suggestions on which one performs better. If heard the Polk previously, and it really doesn't seem to pump the bass like I thought it would during some movies and concerts on TV/blu-ray.

Thanks.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yep, definitely the RW-12D. I have 2 of them currently setup in the living room and I'm surprised at how well they produce bass considering the room size (open floor plan into kitchen/dining room/long hallway/foyer).

What is your current room size?

You will find reviews of the port tubes being loose or the grills being broken. The 2 I ordered about 2 months ago from Newegg didn't arrive with any issues but I was prepared for them to have issues as the fixes were easy enough.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha. Stats wise it's clear that the Klipsch seems better. I couldn't figure out why the Polk was more expensive. Is the Klipsch an older model? I read about the problems with the Klipsch tubes and grill.

It's for a small sized living room.

I like the subs where you can hear the bass, although many experts say that you should only hear the bass in certain spots of movies/concerts/etc.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well Klipsch has the RW-12D as discontinued on their site but from my own research from threads on here its been on sale at Newegg for at least a year if not longer.

I'm no expert and definitely not an audiophile like some of the guys on here that I see posting but if your absolute max budget is around $300 then you really can't do any better than the RW-12D.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup. That's why I was asking. Saw that deal on newegg and was deciding whether I should pull the trigger on that deal. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts