AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I just picked up a pair of Polk Monitor 60's along with my PSW10 and I am unsure on what to set the crossover frequency at on the sub? Any suggestions?
Welcome to AVS! Start at 80 Hz and work from there. If you have a AVR with Audyssey, run that a few times. See what it tells you. If you like it, fine. Otherwise you can keep tweaking it until you find a happy medium. Speaker placement is crucial here as well. Google "5.1 surround" or look in here and it will give you the idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to AVS! Start at 80 Hz and work from there. If you have a AVR with Audyssey, run that a few times. See what it tells you. If you like it, fine. Otherwise you can keep tweaking it until you find a happy medium. Speaker placement is crucial here as well. Google "5.1 surround" or look in here and it will give you the idea.
Alright thank you... I feel like the receiver may be interfering, its a Pioneer VSX-44... With running the optimization it set the front speaks to Large and therefore was sending most of the bass to them... But I just set them to small...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Alright thank you... I feel like the receiver may be interfering, its a Pioneer VSX-44... With running the optimization it set the front speaks to Large and therefore was sending most of the bass to them... But I just set them to small...
Like I said, whatever works. The less bass you send to the towers, the better. Subs deal with low frequencies better and it frees up power from the receiver. I would not go much below 60 Hz if you had to. So, how does it sound set to "small" compared to "large"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.