1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the polk monitor 50s with the eswv-10 and Its pairs well with them

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
A new BIC PL-200, at just $270 from SoundDistributers, is probably the best you'll find at that pricepoint. I love mine!

Also, subs don't need to be matched with the other speakers at all, so any brand would work.

If you're using it primarily for HT, then go for the BIC... you won't regret it!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Personally I would not shop for a compact subwoofer cause you will be missing out in the long run.

Lava LP12 can be had for around $270 with the 5% back-order discount and the 15% AVS members discount.

I would go with that and you can always turn the subwoofer level down.

I went with a compact subwoofer and was only met with disappiontment

Bic H100 or PL200 are other great opions

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyX /forum/post/19608493

how do I get that discount? coupon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavasubs /forum/post/19604185

We create a unique code for each AVS member. In order to receive a code you must email [email protected] with your AVS user name. They will respond with your unique code once you have done that.

That is how

Whats the break down percentage of use for your set-up music vs Movies/TV/Gaming

Like 90% of my listening is movies, tv, and gaming, with only 10% music

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyX /forum/post/19608493

how do I get that discount? coupon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavasubs /forum/post/19604185

We create a unique code for each AVS member. In order to receive a code you must email [email protected] with your AVS user name. They will respond with your unique code once you have done that.

The 5% automatically applies when you are ordering the back ordered product, but thats how you get your AVS member discount

Whats the break down percentage of use for your set-up music vs Movies/TV/Gaming

Like 90% of my listening is movies, tv, and gaming, with only 10% music

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyX /forum/post/19608707

similar, mostly movies, I have dynaudios for my audio/recording monitors

I was thinking of even going for one of those polk wireless subs

Please do NOT go with any Polk Subwoofer.... Wireless or not.

I never heard a Polk Subwoofer I like and they lack LFE depth

The Wireless Polk goes down to 36hz where the Lava LP12 goes down to 24hz

Being that this is a movie/tv setup over music you want a system that can reach low

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyX /forum/post/0

similar, mostly movies, I have dynaudios for my audio/recording monitors

I was thinking of even going for one of those polk wireless subs

Ackkk, no, please don't do that! Subjecting anyone to a low-cost Polk sub, especially their wireless nonsense, should be a Federal crime....

·
Registered
222 Posts
You can get a Bic H100 direct from the distributor on eBay for $210, shipped. You won't get more sub for your money hands down. The PL 200 reaches a bit lower and has a bit more power.

If you like your movies at a good volume or have a big room to fill go with the PL 200. If your room is smaller and you're not looking to rock the house the H100 should suffice.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyX /forum/post/19611223

why so negative about the wireless one?

Poor bass quality hardly reaches the LFE's and less of a boom in explosions less of a theater like experience

Wireless module might not work as it will interfere with the WiFi in your home along with interfering with wireless phones possibly

With the subwoofer you are looking at you get an extra 12hz lower than just using the Monitor 60's by themselves. Not worth it considering there are far better options out there which will make your movie experience that much more impressive

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyX /forum/post/0

Bic or Lava?

The BICs have been around longer and have certainly proven themselves; while the newer Lava subs have been getting some decent reviews by members here as well.

I own a BIC PL-200 and personally feel that nothing can beat it for the $270 price. I've also heard the F12 ($190) and H100 ($225), and both sounded better than anything else I've heard in their price range.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse /forum/post/19623031

The BICs have been around longer and have certainly proven themselves; while the newer Lava subs have been getting some decent reviews by members here as well.

I own a BIC PL-200 and personally feel that nothing can beat it for the $270 price. I've also heard the F12 ($190) and H100 ($225), and both sounded better than anything else I've heard in their price range.

x2 Bic is the proven Bully in $300 town...Lava is the new kid on the block which rumors surround him that he is a karate master...

Though personally I would take the risk with the kid that knows karate

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyX /forum/post/19623544

does a smaller sub/ 8 inch gets to the low freq or is it louder
NEITHER A larger 12" subwoofer like the Bic PL200 or Lava LP12 will be able to play louder bass (if you want you can always turn the gain knob on the back down) and they will reach the lower frequencies. The Polk you were looking at reached 36hz The Bic and Lava will be able to reach 10-15hz lower and believe me its worth it.

You want a true movie experience that will make you wait for the bluray rather than waste your money at the multiplex go with a Bic PL200 or Lava LP12.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts