AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a 46" Samsung LCD, Direct TV, and a fat PS3 for bluray and games. Also an old Sony htib set up. Looking to get 2 fronts and a center now, and upgrade to a 5.1 eventually.

I know anything will be an improvement. I just wanted some opinions on the Polk 70/CS2 vs. Infinity P362/PC350.

One specific question I do have is in regards to the center. I noticed the Infinity has a tweet, dual 3", and dual 5 1/4. Would the extra speakers be noticible over the Polk CS2?

I'm new to all of this so any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
29,113 Posts
Infinity 362 vs Polk Monitor 70 is a very common question. No concrete answer as its a matter of opinion which one is better.

I myself would take the Infinity P362 and PC350 center over the Monitor 70 and CS2.

The center layout configuration is better on the C350 but if you don't like the sound of Infinity it really doesn't matter.

You probably cant find the Infinity locally but you can definitely find Polks. Check out the Tsi500 at Best Buy which is essentially a Monitor 70 is a new cabinet.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19584818

Infinity 362 vs Polk Monitor 70 is a very common question. No concrete answer as its a matter of opinion which one is better.

I myself would take the Infinity P362 and PC350 center over the Monitor 70 and CS2.

The center layout configuration is better on the C350 but if you don't like the sound of Infinity it really doesn't matter.

You probably cant find the Infinity locally but you can definitely find Polks. Check out the Tsi500 at Best Buy which is essentially a Monitor 70 is a new cabinet.

I'm on the fence here myself. I can get two m70's and a CS2 center for 420 bucks. New. With Warranty. Sounds like a damn good deal to me. I can't imagine em being that much of a step down from ascendant 170's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19584818

I did see some Polks at Best Buy a couple of night ago. And yes I wouldn't have a clue as to where to go to check out the Infinity.

I guess I should have also noted that the speakers would be used about 80% for movies/tv and the remainder for music/games.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcraw3 /forum/post/19585110

I did see some Polks at Best Buy a couple of night ago. And yes I wouldn't have a clue as to where to go to check out the Infinity.

I guess I should have also noted that the speakers would be used about 80% for movies/tv and the remainder for music/games.

Dealer locator for Infinity:

http://www.infinitysystems.com/home/...USA&Country=US

Not a lot of B&M stores though, to say the least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts