AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it narrowed down to either for my office setup. If I go w/ Polks, it'll be something like this.

Front Monitor 40's

Center CS 20

Surrounds Monitor 30's

Possible Monitor 70's for the fronts

Premier Acoustics

Front PA6B

Center PA8C

Surrounds PA6S

Possible PA8Fs for the front

Going w/ Books shelve speakers to start with, then possibly going to towers depending on space on how the books shelve speakers sound.

The room is 12x20 w/ 8 foot drop ceiling. The receiver I chose will either be the Onkyo 706 or the new 707 when it comes. That way I have pre outs so I can expand amp wise if I can go w/ towers!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I have been very satisified with the Polk R50's I purchased for my son's HT setup (R50's were one step down from M50's). I would recommend either the M60's or M70's from newegg.com with free shipping. I doubt you will need separate power amps for the Polk towers (90dB sensitivity) to start with, but you could always add them later when "upgradeitus" hits.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...n=polk+monitor

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got it narrowed down to either for my office setup. If I go w/ Polks, it'll be something like this.

Front Monitor 40's

Center CS 20

Surrounds Monitor 30's

Premier Acoustics

Front PA6B

Center PA8C

Surrounds PA6S

Going w/ Books shelve speakers to start with, then possibly going to towers depending on space on how the books shelve speakers sound.

The room is 12x20 w/ 8 foot drop ceiling. The receiver I chose will either be the Onkyo 706 or the new 707 when it comes. That way I have pre outs so I can expand amp wise if I can go w/ towers!
From the research I have done, the Premier Acoustic are a better speaker than entry level Polks.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Front Monitor 40's

Center CS 20

Surrounds Monitor 30's

Premier Acoustics

Front PA6B

Center PA8C

Surrounds PA6S

There is a huge difference in sound between bookshelf and tower speakers, if you go with bookshelf speakers make sure you get a good sub.

Front Monitor 40's (2 51/4 inch woffers 1 inch soft dome tweeter (needs sub)
Center CS 20 nice center
Surrounds Monitor 30's
Possible Monitor 70's for the fronts could get by with out a sub, would sound better with a sub for movies
Premier Acoustics
Front PA6B 6.5 inch woffer would need a sub
Center PA8C very nice center speaker 3 way with 2 8 inch woofers very cool
Surrounds PA6S great surround
Possible PA8Fs great tower speaker, better sound quality than the polks with its 2 8 inch woofers and 3 way design

for over all sound quality the Premier Acoustics are a better deal http://www.factorydirect-hometheater.com/buynow.asp?action=detail&prid=9555&crid=189&cat_name=Search
they sell all the major brands talk to Eric (email him he will get right back to you) they sell both Premier Acoustics as well as polk and many others. Premier acoustics at 50% off retail price

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
You DO realize that this thread is from 2009, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts