AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here

Polk PSW10 vs PSW202

1609 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ka0s22
Hello!

I am looking to add a second subwoofer to upgrade to 5.2.2 in my current environment. Does anyone know if this is true?

basically i can't find psw202's locally anymore but i can find plenty of psw10's. Wondering if i could combine these two subs and be OK or if i really need to find a matching PSW202. Spec's look nearly identical but not quite. Only thing different i noticed is the frequency response is slightly different and video shielded.

Thoughts? Thanks for your time.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I would look at buying one good sub instead, and get rid of the Polk in question if you actually want to have an 'upgrade'.
Reactions: 2
I would look at buying one good sub instead, and get rid of the Polk in question if you actually want to have an 'upgrade'.

I can appreciate that feedback. I just upgraded the majority of my other components in my setup at the moment so was just looking to squeeze by with a minimal "upgrade" for $50 until i revisit upgrading speakers+sub maybe in the next year or so
Why do you need a magnetically shielded subwoofer?
Why do you need a magnetically shielded subwoofer?
I don't. I am trying to assess if they are equal and I could pair a psw202 with a psw10 . From my understanding it's best to match subwoofers for 5.2. These look nearly identical and I'm just trying to confirm that I could use this as a 2nd sub with my psw202
... I am looking to add a second subwoofer ... i can't find psw202's locally anymore but i can find plenty of psw10's. Wondering if i could combine these two subs and be OK ...
You'll be OK pairing a PSW10 (or PSW108 - same sub) with the PSW202.
You'll be OK pairing a PSW10 (or PSW108 - same sub) with the PSW202.
Thank you. I know my setup could be better but I gotta do upgrades over time !
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.