AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a polk psw110 powered subwoofer. it is great.

i watched war of the worlds and tron grid. those thumps make the windows literally Flex. lost a few trophies to it. so it uses a small box and a powerful amplifier putting out 100 watts rms to a 10" high excursion subwoofer driver.

the only bad thing is if you dont have it on carpet. you can hear some port noise. but not much. not like the psw10. its a great sub on a budget. beats all others in its price range to the ground.

the psw125 is the big 12. i currently do not have it but i think i might settle for one (or 2 ;p) unless i go for the sunfire true subwoofer. (12)

right now i bought a dream acoustics sub (low quality but for the front sub)

60 bucks off ebay plus 20 postage.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile15 /forum/post/0

i watched war of the worlds and tron grid. those thumps make the windows literally Flex. lost a few trophies to it. so it uses a small box and a powerful amplifier putting out 100 watts rms to a 10" high excursion subwoofer driver.

the only bad thing is if you dont have it on carpet. you can hear some port noise. but not much. not like the psw10. its a great sub on a budget. beats all others in its price range to the ground.

the psw125 is the big 12. i currently do not have it but i think i might settle for one (or 2 ;p) unless i go for the sunfire true subwoofer. (12)

ThEre are better subwoofers out there than the Polk psw125 or the psw110

The Polk psw505 out performs the psw125, but there are better home theater subwoofers for under $300

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Sound and speakers are a funny thing. You may think what you have sounds good until you hear better. Take bose for example, some ppl might think bose sounds great, but once the hear even low end name brand speakers they realize that the bose aren't great. Good sound is in the "ear" of the beholder. Bottom line is if you like what you have thats all that matters. I'm running a modified Onkyo HTIB with 7 identical speakers and 2 identical subs. Most ppl can't believe how good it sounds, but to me its crap cuz I've heard much better.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile15 /forum/post/20764643

It made your windows flex?

·
Registered
486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru /forum/post/20764868

Sound and speakers are a funny thing. You may think what you have sounds good until you hear better. Take bose for example, some ppl might think bose sounds great, but once the hear even low end name brand speakers they realize that the bose aren't great. Good sound is in the "ear" of the beholder. Bottom line is if you like what you have thats all that matters. I'm running a modified Onkyo HTIB with 7 identical speakers and 2 identical subs. Most ppl can't believe how good it sounds, but to me its crap cuz I've heard much better.

+1, ain't that the truth!

·
Registered
334 Posts

Quote:

Glad you are enjoying your new sub! But making a statement that this sub will "beat all others to the ground" at the pricepoint is incorrect and begging for an argument. Please be careful about making such statements. But...i am glad that you like your sub.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownaphobia /forum/post/20765065

Glad you are enjoying your new sub! But making a statement that this sub will "beat all others to the ground" at the pricepoint is incorrect and begging for an argument. Please be careful about making such statements. But...i am glad that you like your sub.

haha sorry. im 15 and still learning from my mistakes. but it is a great sub. im just over excite about my sub. its basically the only good sub ive ever owned. (except my parents subsonic xs1). but i do want more depth. does anyone have any suggestions of a great subwoofer under $250

·
Registered
334 Posts

Quote:

haha sorry. im 15 and still learning from my mistakes. but it is a great sub. im just over excite about my sub. its basically the only good sub ive ever owned. (except my parents subsonic xs1). but i do want more depth. does anyone have any suggestions of a great subwoofer under $250

At $279 you can buy a Bic PL-200. Thats about the lowest budget sub that I 'personally' recommend. (its great for HT and ok for music). If you can wait and add $100, then you will be in Hsu Stf-2 range and that is a very nice sub. (terrific for HT and Music). Keep in mind these are both still fairly entry level...but both are quite a stepup from the Polk. Good Luck and let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
9.8.4 = 13 CBT Line Arrays, 8 Sealed 18"s
13,730 Posts
That Polk is made with tiger's blood and Madonna's DNA!

I admire your enthusiam, but advise you to stop reading about Polk subs around here if you want to keep that enthusiasm. Like a previous poster said - it'll sound great until you hear better! Enjoy it and don't worry about upgrading for a while. 15 years old and a constant upgrade itch will send you to the poorhouse!

·
Super Moderator
14,617 Posts

Quote:

im just over excite about my sub. its basically the only good sub ive ever owned.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new subs. Moving to "the next level" in HT gear is always fun.

Quote:
does anyone have any suggestions of a great subwoofer under $250

A gently-used Energy S10.3 .

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
If you're only 15 I'm jealous. You are getting a good early and young start into HT. BEWARE!!! It is very addicting and you will always be wanting more, bigger, and better.

·
Registered
192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea /forum/post/20773555

That Polk is made with tiger's blood and Madonna's DNA!

I admire your enthusiam, but advise you to stop reading about Polk subs around here if you want to keep that enthusiasm. Like a previous poster said - it'll sound great until you hear better! Enjoy it and don't worry about upgrading for a while. 15 years old and a constant upgrade itch will send you to the poorhouse!

lol love this.

at 15 years of age, just enjoy your polk for awhile and save your money for other things. some times ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru /forum/post/20773747

If you're only 15 I'm jealous. You are getting a good early and young start into HT. BEWARE!!! It is very addicting and you will always be wanting more, bigger, and better.

Hi, my name is Rick and I'm an upgrade addict...

...it's been two weeks since I bought my last component

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well as some would know (according to a different thread) i bought a 12 inch powered subwoofer for $60 new (bidding war). its dream acoustics so dont laugh, but dont under estimate them. theyre not great for music but wondeful for movies. those explosions sound like they should. and i put it next to my polk and they both seem to perform at the same pace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.