AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to the forum and to surround sound. I purchased a set of Polk R50's about 2 years ago at Fry's for the $59 deal with the intention of using them as my front speakers in a 7.1 surround setup. I just purchased the Polk RM95 set for $149 at Fry's. Both deals were too good to pass up, but I wonder if these speakers will sound good together once I buy an amp and a sub. Any thoughts or experience with these speakers are appreciated.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Ok well you need a center channel to match your R50's as the RM95 center will sound extremely weak with those R50's

Use the RM95's as surrounds might not sound bad just make sure you have a reciever that allows you to set individual cross overs for each speaker zones as the R50's would be set at 80hz with the RM95 surrounds at 130-150hz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your thoughts on the center channel. I know the RM8 center is pretty thin compared to the R50's, but cost is an issue right now, so I will see how i goes initially and upgrade later. I also need to find a center channel that will fit in the space I have. About 13" in width is all I have. Hard to describe, but the TV, amp, DVD player and Comcast box occupy a deep shelf/mantel over my fireplace. The TV takes up most of the vertical height, so everything else needs to fit beneath it unless I want to relocate everything. Wires are in the walls, so I'd rather not, but might do it some day. Anyway…

I'm thinking of buying the Onkyo TX-SR608 for my receiver. I think the crossovers can be adjusted for each channel, but I'll have to make sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.