AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm putting together a HT system i just recently bought the Cambridge SoundWorks Newton Series P300HD Powered Subwoofer( http://reviews.cnet.com/subwoofers/c...tag=txt%3bpage )

and a pair of Newton Series II S305 Surround Speakers( http://cambridgesoundworks.com/store...&item=c1s305zz ) during their clearance outlet sale now i need to decide on the L/C/R speakers

Polk RM30 for $160 each=$480

VS

DEFTECH 's ProMonitor 1000 for $360 a pair + ProCenter 2000 for $350=$710?

They will be powered by the onkyo SR605, which one have a better price/performance value? i'm guessing the polk will have better sound since they carries a MSRP about 1k for a pair? My room is about 20'x15' i really need some advise one which one to get between this 2 combo. Any input will help Thank You and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
is this a joke ?

Definitive speakers destroy polk speakers by all means lol.. what are you trying to compare here because i dont see a fair comparison here quiete frankly

These small polks sound pretty bad after you hear the definitives, why not go and audition? to me after hearing definitive speakers .. these polks sound like lifeless..

And definitive quiete frankly is higher class company and that specific speaker ur comparing is of higher class where these polks are in the mix where all the other lower end speakers..

Get the defs

·
Registered
875 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15428882

is this a joke ?

Definitive speakers destroy polk speakers by all means lol...

And definitive quiete frankly is higher class company and that specific speaker ur comparing is of higher class where these polks are in the mix where all the other lower end speakers..

Get the defs

Have you actually heard (or seen?) both the Pro Monitor and the RM30?

I agree, they are different animals, but I wouldn't draw so quick a conclusion w/o a fair audition (good advice, btw).

I am sorry, but that sounds like a typical elitist rant if you ask me....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15428882

These small polks sound pretty bad after you hear the definitives, why not go and audition? to me after hearing definitive speakers .. these polks sound like lifeless..

I just found out the RM30 are not small at all

Cabinet Size 24" H x 5-13/16" W x 6-5/8" D

(60.96cm H x 14.76cm W x 16.83cm D)

Product Weight 12.25 lbs. (5.56kgs)

Much bigger and heavier than the def tech's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.