AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 7.1 surround setup and am leaning to one of the Polk Audio 5.1 setups and adding to it to make it 7.1. Anyone know anything about these RM series speakers, and if you can mix and match...and if so, what the best combo would be?

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsds123 /forum/post/15559255

I'm looking for a 7.1 surround setup and am leaning to one of the Polk Audio 5.1 setups and adding to it to make it 7.1. Anyone know anything about these RM series speakers, and if you can mix and match...and if so, what the best combo would be?

I have the RM700 series in 7.1 (the RM705 + 2 extra RM7's) and highly recommend it. The sound quality is great with movies. (I use mines exclusively for movies) My only complaint is that the holes for the spring clips on these speakers are kind of small, but 16 gauge wire fits just fine.

BTW, I in part recommend all of your speakers to be identical if you plan to watch movies in DTS-HD MA or DolbyTrueHD because, with the exception of the center channel and subwoofer, all of sats provide support for sound effects, ambient noises, and the soundtrack within the movie. I think that the sound would be more balanced across your soundstage if each speaker had identical performance vs a mix and matched setup.

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts